Monday, July 28, 2008

Christmas in July

I had my first meeting with my new teaching team tonight. The meeting went well, but just means that we are one step closer to starting a new school year. I always get excited, but I still wish there were more than 11 days left of summer.

We bought some of Ashley's school supplies the other day and when I got home tonight she wanted to get it all out and re-check the list to see what we still need to buy. (I remember doing this when I was a kid!) She is so excited about kindergarten she can hardly stand it! It's very cute. I asked her tonight how it felt to be an "almost" kindergartner-- Here's how she answered:

Ashley: It feels fantastic!
Me: Have you ever been this excited about something before?
Ashley: Of course. My birthday, Christmas, Easter, and definitely Christmas.
Me: You said Christmas twice.
Ashley: 'Cuz that's when I get the most presents.
Me: Are you serious?
Ashley: Yep. Oh! I bet that's how excited Trevor was yesterday when we gave him those old toys. I bet he thought "this is like Christmas in July!"

No, I don't make these things up. And, just so you know, Trevor was very excited to get the "old" toys. They were Ashley's when she was a toddler and I forgot I had saved them. One was an Elmo toy, so you can imagine the jibbering excitement when we pulled that one out. No video this time, just a picture...




1 comment:

Steady Plodder... said...

Love the updates! She's going to have so much fun in KG! Love, Sharon