Thursday, July 10, 2008

Getting Started!

Finally! I have set aside some time to start/finish our blog! It's been on my very long to-do list and always seems to get pushed to the bottom. Here's a little bit of an update to get things going...

After 2 years in Melissa, TX we moved back to Frisco last week! We liked Melissa, but are so excited to be back in the city! Why did we move back to Frisco? Jonathan got the job as the Head Boys Basketball Coach at Carrollton Creekview High School (5-A school, major opportunity for him) and moving back to F-town was more appealing than moving to Carrollton (he'll have about a 20 minute commute), so here we are. I will teach kindergarten in Frisco this year, which will be interesting since Ashley will be in kindergarten at the same school.

Speaking of Ashley... The diva is 5 and still such a princess. I can't believe she's old enough to go to kindergarten! She is into everything girly--Barbies, baby dolls, dress-up, dance class, singing, etc. She has learned to read which she thinks is very fun, and she is a great big sister to Trevor.

Speaking of Trevor... the Tornado is 14 months old and ALL BOY! He is very sweet and loving, but he is always moving. He's a climber and is obsessed with balls, especially basketballs. He can spot the orange things from a mile away and wants to "shoot" all the time. He's talking-- Mommy, Daddy, puppy, hi, uh-oh, eat, drink, teeth, and shoot (the ball) are his favorite words.

So, hopefully you are all caught up with the Ellis Fam! I will do my best to post regularly and include as many pictures as possible! Here's a few recent ones to kick things off!5
draft

6 comments:

Jane Parker said...

yea!! Welcome back to the neighborhood. Great blog start.

Amanda Gallagher said...

Wow! Kindergarten! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on that one! I must say, you are one of the most experienced teachers I know. :) Watch out for glue eating kids. haha

Christine said...

Great job on the blog! Let me know when things quite down and we can get together.

Laura P said...

welcome to the blogging world. it's fun--i just started one myself. Your little family is SO adorable--the kids sound like a handful, and so fun. Hope you're getting settled into your new home! that's exciting.

Laura Penney (Harris)

kinsey said...

amy, i saw your blog on jennifer kennedys. your kids are PRECIOUS!! i'm going to have to send your link on to my mom :-) looks like yall are doing well!

-kinsey (branum) powell

Ali said...

Hi Amy! So glad to hear from you. Your kids are so adorable! We lived in Frisco for about a year, but we are always on the move and are now in Nashville. Frisco is a great place for a family- you will love it. I'll add your blog link to our page. Take care!
Ali