Thursday, July 31, 2008

So, I thought I could dance...

I started taking dance lessons when I was 3 years old and danced all the way through high school. I loved dancing and was pretty good at it-- or so I thought. Compared to my friends on So, You Think You Can Dance? I was not even dancing those 15 years, just moving around a little in a sequin leotard. OMG! Does anyone else watch this show? (Jonathan, you don't count since all you do is mock this beautiful art form) It's my favorite show of the summer and I have been watching it for several years now. It's amazing how far dance has come and I watch each week truly jealous of what those people can do. Ashley watches it with me and is certain she is on the road to dance success-- hopefully all of the money we spend on dance lessons for her each year will help fulfill that dream. I'm going to take her to watch the live tour of the show when it comes to town in the fall. Maybe they'll let her in if she's dressed like this...



Trevor thought he could dance too, with the barstool. It apparently was not in the mood and pushed him to the floor with a bloody nose. Sorry, no picture. :(

4 comments:

Christine said...

Your picture reminds me of all of our pictures. We are all standing in line, ready to go on stage. We thought we were so cool and talented. If we only knew....

emk said...

Amy, I'm so glad you left a comment! I've had such a fun time catching up on your blog and then linking to a few other of our Zeta friends! It sounds like Jonathan's job is a fabulous opportunity and I bet you're excited to be a bit closer in! Say hello to each of your parents from the Moores!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm so glad you contacted Em so I, too, could catch up with you. I definitely remember your being involved with dance as a little girl--we moved away and didn't realize you continued with that activity!
Congratulations on two beautiful children!
Might we find you on 5th Street for the homecoming parade this year?
smoore

The Kennedy's said...

I am so obsessed with this show... I am routing for Josh and Katee! We have 2 weeks and counting until we go back to school and I just can't believe the summer is nearly over! I will be teaching 6th grade math/science this year. crazy...