Sunday, October 26, 2008

Now Showing...

High School Musical 3. I could probably just leave it at that, but for those of you who want a few more details, here it goes:

My mom and Aunt Biddie called Thursday night to say they were coming in town on Friday to spend the weekend with us-- they wanted to take Ashley to see HSM3 on opening weekend. So, I ran out and bought tickets in advance just in case this magical movie was to sell out.

So after a day of shopping, we ditched Trevor and Jonathan and went to stand in the line to be seated. The ONLY males in the line were 2 dads, who were holding birthday cakes and bags of presents, obviously bribed and possibly drugged by their wives and daughters to attend this sacred event.

Once the workers opened up the barrier to let us go forth and be seated, the crowd of girls started to squeal (er, scream) with excitement. You would have thought Zac Effron himself was escorting them! We make a mad dash up the steps of the theater to get our seats. After a snack run, it was time for the show to start. The manager of the theater came out to welcome us and remind us to please do any singing and dancing while remaining seated. Seriously?

The lights dim and the audience again bursts into screams, cheers, and fits of giggling. And this was just for the previews. Not to give away any part of the plot (I know you are dying to see HSM3 and plan to rush out to see this movie tomorrow, right?) but the opening shot is a close up of Zac Effron/Troy Bolton-- more screaming. EVERY time this kid comes on the screen, you guessed it! Screaming! I knew this movie had power, but I completely did not anticipate this level of enthusiasm. Wow.

I will admit that even though the cheese from this movie was dripping off of the screen, it was quite entertaining and enjoyable. The choreography is amazing, award winning probably. And again, not to ruin the plot, but during the graduation scene (sorry, it is called Senior Year) Ashley and her old lady posse were dancing in our seats.

4 comments:

Riley said...

How cute is this? I have to admit, I have NEVER seen any of the HSM movies. Apparently, my child has. Any time they are shown on Disney she is singing. You are brave and much cooler a Mom than me.

I did take mine to see the Hannah Montana movie in 3-D. We were the only ones in the theater. I told her we had gotten her a private screeening for her birthday. Guess we should have been booted out as we were all over the theater dancing and singing...too fun!!

zaf_fam_tx said...

How fun! I want to go! You think Jason and Noah would be into it? LOL

Riley said...

I tagged you!! Check out my blog!

Stacy said...

So this is what I have to look forward to with Frances!