Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just let me vent...

Ok, so there are a few things in life that just baffle me and no matter how much I try to not over-analyze them, when it comes to other people's stupidity, I just can't help myself.

Yeterday, when it was ABOVE freezing and barely raining outside, I get a phone call from Trevor's day care center. They have decided to close at 9:30 in the morning. Serioulsy? Apparently they have some (hopefully now they are former) staff members who decided not to come to work because of the threat of the weather worsening. What? I guess that's what happens when you employ people who would gladly forgo their hourly wages in such a prosperous economic time. Anyway... So I went to pick up Trevor who, thanks to the generosity of my principal, spent the rest of the day with me in kindergarten. We made it through with one diaper, milk from the cafeteria, and some marshmallows leftover from Snowman Soup in December, and no nap. We were not alone-- there are 5 other teachers at my school who had to do the same thing. With the money the day care center saved yesterday not having to pay their employees, they should eagerly credit my account with the daily rate of Trevor's tuition. Should I hold my breath?

No comments: