Sunday, April 12, 2009

We have been busy! And, because I know you have been waiting on pins and needles to read about all things concerning us, I will now give a proper update...(happy, Sara?)

Trevor will be 2 next Saturday so we celebrated early since Nonna and Aunt Biddie were coming to town for Easter. The weather was great so the kids hunted eggs outside in the backyard and we had a fabulous time honoring our little Tornado. He's even more tornadic now with new golf clubs and a sword. He's getting so big and is talking more and more each day-- he actually just came in to tattle on his sister!

The neighborhood bobcat (the one featured on the local news...the one who will not be removed by animal control or wildlife specialists unless he's injured or gets into your home...) did NOT scare away the Easter Bunny! Nor did the 500 mph gusts of wind, thunder, lightening, and torrential downpour of rain on this Easter Sunday. We were up and at 'em early this morning to hunt eggs and even made it to church-- not completely soaked but definitely a little soggy. We are very thankful this Easter for our Savior and all the ways He continues to take care of us...

We were able to find renters for our house in Melissa! They seem great (and they have jobs!) and I'm sure they won't forget to activate the utilities, change the air filters, keep the sprinkler system plugged in so it can actually do it's job, and PAY THE RENT!

I was offered a kindergarten teaching position at a brand new Frisco school very close to our house. I accepted, and even though this whole "force transfer" situation has been a bit crazy (that's what happens when your school is approved for few classes and you were one of the last ones hired), I am really excited and have a true peace about it. You know, like I'm going there for a reason. Ashley took the news really well--she was just glad we aren't moving houses or towns (me too!) and she's excited.

There's never a dull moment around here! Here's a little photographic proof!





2 comments:

Sara Blackburn White said...

Hippity Hop Hooray;)!!
Im sure I will fall of the blog waggon soon- so Ive been trying to stay current- so I was just teasing;) Love the family pic - you need to frame that one! Hope the bunny was good! We had fun at he party. Did you see the pic I got of the 3 amigos. I will email it to you seperate- its cute!

Shelley Roberts said...

Aw, it's just a big kitty cat! We have lots of bobcats here and are always being told not to bother calling the "authorities" unless it is a black panther. And the only reason we're supposed to call for panthers is because they are endangered and Florida Wildlife wants to relocate them!! It's nerve wracking to even think about letting your dogs play in the yard, much less your kids!

Glad things are falling into place for you all!