Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Funday and Back to School

What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon, specifically the day before school starts? In the emergency room at Children's Hospital. That's right folks. Nothing like a little drama to start this school year off on the right foot. Poor Trevor had 2 absesses that needed to be taken care. I thought they were bug bites that he had a bad reaction to, but he woke up this morning and they were swollen, hot, and painful. So, we went to urgent care first, then made our way to the Children's ER. I think he'll be OK, but he may be traumatized for a very long time. So sad.

Now for the super exciting part of this post~ School Starts Tomorrow! Can you believe that the Diva Darling will be in 1st grade? I can't. 1st grade sounds really old to me, but she is ready and so excited! We had Meet The Teacher Night on Friday at our BRAND NEW SCHOOL and it was awesome. Jonathan took Ashley to meet her teacher and organize her supplies in her desk (the desk is what she's most excited about!) while I hung out in my classroom to meet and greet the 21 kindergarteners that will march my way tomorrow morning. They are super cute and so little! For the first time in many years I am actually really excited to start this year. Like I said, our school is awesome and the staff is amazing. Woo Hoo!

Here are some pictures of Ashley on our way to Meet The Teacher Night and then some pics of my new classroom!









1 comment:

Ali said...

Ashley looks so grown up! How fun to start 1st grade, I bet she is so excited. Your classroom looks fantastic!